SAVING ENERGY SAVING LIVES
Access to safe water is a global issue.
By 2025, over 1.4 billion people in 36 countries will get water that has disease-causing microbes and pathogens in it.
Currently, 663 million people lack access to safe water, according to the WHO and UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme Report of 2015.
In India, it has been estimated that by 2050, 45% of the population would be short of ‘safe’ water.
In the under-served rural area with its 6,50,000 villages, 85% of the water is sourced from ground water aquifers grossly contaminated with pollutants.
- Nearly 38 million people are affected annually by water borne diseases.
- 1.5 million children die of diarrhoea every year. Cholera and typhoid too cause widespread casualty.
- 73 million working days are lost to water borne diseases each year.
- ₹ 4000 Crore ($ 600 Million) is the estimated economic burden per year.
CONVENTIONAL METHODS OF ‘CLEANING’ WATER …
- Boiling of Water
- Filtering (recurring cost of changing filters at regular intervals)
- Adding of chemicals (Chlorine etc.)
- RO –Reverse Osmosis
- UV –Ultra Violet
… ARE NOT ENOUGH. THERE ARE DRAWBACKS IN EACH:
- Recurring Operating Costs & Consumables, with significant carbon footprint (15 grams of CO2 emissions for every litre of water boiled)
- Need intense monitoring and regular management
- In RO, huge wastage of water
- Imprecise chemical dosage has carcinogenic implications
THE SOLUTION: TARALTEC® REACTOR
The Taraltec® Reactor for water disinfection kills microbes in water from bore well hand-pump and motorized water lines thus eliminating water borne diseases such as diarrhoea, cholera and typhoid.
- NIL opex, low capex.
- Does not require any maintenance, or any consumables.
- Does not need any fuel or electricity.
- No need for specialised personnel for installation or fitting.
- Needs no behavioural change in its usage.
The Taraltec® Reactor can be easily retrofitted into a hand pump – such as the India mark 2 model (the most widely used hand pump in the world), or even into any motorized bore well within an hour by even a local plumber with no special tools, by just sliding the reactor into the hand pump water tank or attaching inline of the discharge side of the motorized water pump.
HOW IT WORKS
SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLE INSPIRED BY BIO-MIMICRY
THE PISTOL SHRIMP
Video Courtesy: BBC
- This tiny stream spurts out at 60mph, creating a low pressure ‘bubble’ in its wake. When this collapses, it makes a bang louder than a rocket launch or jet engine.
- For a tiny fraction of a second, temperatures in the bubble soar to more than 4,426C (8,000F).
- The popping also creates a flash of light which lasts for a billionth of a second.
- Divers say that colonies of the shrimp sound like sizzling fat.
In nature, a snapping shrimp (Alpheidae) attacks its prey by shooting a jet of water by snapping its claw, causing cavitation bubbles to form as the ambient pressure goes below the vapour pressure. On recovery of the ambient pressure, this bubble implodes with an intense localized energy release.
Similarly, the Taraltec® device converts kinetic energy of the fluid into millions of targeted micro-bubbles each acting as a localized reactor.
- This is packed with extreme heat, pressure and turbulence that release intense energy packets during the collapse of the bubbles.
- The resultant shock waves physically kill microbes, and deliver the water to those drawing it up, + 99% safer than earlier.
"The Jubilant-Taraltec® partnership is the answer to the drinking water needs of rural Gajraula, India. With a potentially 90%+ reduction in the bacterial presence in the handpump water, we now have the opportunity to scale up and elevate our community development efforts..."
Jubilant Bharatia Foundation
"Reliance Foundation recognized the innovation of the Taraltec® Disinfecting Reactor, since it addressed one of India's pressing development challenge - namely the quality of water, in under-served areas. We are happy to know that we were one of the first Foundations in India to fit the Reactors, in a few India Mark2 borewell hand pumps..."
"We are installing Taraltec® reactors in the 400+ handpumps in multiple villages in the Gajraula district. The removal of pathogenic microbes from the daily consumed water means healthier families, lower incidents of water borne diseases, reduction in wasted working days and an optimised economy..."
Jubilant Bharatia Foundation
"We installed Taraltec® Reactors as part of our outreach programme for direct engagement with Tribals in the district of Palghar. We were gratified to see results as promised, with significant reduction in waterborne disease causing germs, in the lab tests conducted on the water that passed through the Reactors..."
"With Jubilant Bhartia Foundation choosing to trust a socially focussed social enterprise like Taraltec® Solutions opens the door to a series of potential partnerships wherein symbiotic relationships between corporates and social enterprises bring together the best that both the entities have to offer..."
Jubilant Bharatia Foundation
Nisha - Village resident
Vijaya - Village resident
Council member - Village Gramsevak
Rani - College student
Secretary - Village Council
Vinod - Elected Village Head Sarpanch
NEWS & AWARDS
India MISSION PAANI campaign profiles Taraltec®
Taraltec® kills microbes at source (borewell , motorised water lines), eliminating water - borne diseases.
Courtesy: CNBC TV 18
PM Modi and PM Netanyahu review Taraltec®
Hon PMs of Israel and India, Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu and Mr. Narendra Modi review Taraltec® Reactor at Tel Aviv Exhibition in Israel, July 2017.
Courtesy: Official Youtube channel of the Hon. Prime Minister of Israel.
நீரை வடிகட்டும் தொழில்நுட்பத்தின் செயல்பாடு மற்றும் பயன்கள் | News 18 Tamil Nadu: MISSION PAANI campaign profiles Taraltec®
காலமாற்றத்தால் மக்களுக்கு புதிது புதிதாக நோய்கள் உருவாகி வருகின்றன, இதற்க்கு மாசு கலந்த நீரும் காரணமாக அமைகின்றது, நீரால் நோய் உருவாவதை தடுக்கும் வகையில் நீரை பம்புகளில் இருந்து எடுக்கும் போதே வடிகட்டும் தொழில்நுட்பம் பயன்படுத்தப்பட்டு வருகிறது, நீரை வடிகட்டும் தொழில்நுட்பத்தின் செயல்பாடு மற்றும் பயன்களை இந்த தொகுப்பில் பார்க்கலாம்
Courtesy: News 18 Tamil Nadu
BUY OUR PRODUCTS
The Taraltec® Reactor can be easily retrofitted into the India mark 2 model (the most widely used hand pump in the world), or even into any motorized bore well within an hour by a local plumber with no special tools. For more information about India mark 2 click here. To view our films on Taraltec® Reactor general information, as well as installation and fitting instructions click here.