SAVING ENERGY SAVING LIVES
Access to safe water is a global issue.
By 2025, over 1.4 billion people in 36 countries will get water that has disease-causing microbes and pathogens in it.
Currently, 663 million people lack access to safe water, according to the WHO and UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme Report of 2015.
In India, it has been estimated that by 2050, 45% of the population would be short of ‘safe’ water.
In the under-served rural area with its 6,50,000 villages, 85% of the water is sourced from ground water aquifers grossly contaminated with pollutants.
- Nearly 38 million people are affected annually by water borne diseases.
- 1.5 million children die of diarrhoea every year. Cholera and typhoid too cause widespread casualty.
- 73 million working days are lost to water borne diseases each year.
- ₹ 4000 Crore ($ 600 Million) is the estimated economic burden per year.
CONVENTIONAL METHODS OF ‘CLEANING’ WATER …
- Boiling of Water
- Filtering (recurring cost of changing filters at regular intervals)
- Adding of chemicals (Chlorine etc.)
- RO –Reverse Osmosis
- UV –Ultra Violet
… ARE NOT ENOUGH. THERE ARE DRAWBACKS IN EACH:
- Recurring Operating Costs & Consumables, with significant carbon footprint (15 grams of CO2 emissions for every litre of water boiled)
- Need intense monitoring and regular management
- In RO, huge wastage of water
- Imprecise chemical dosage has carcinogenic implications
THE SOLUTION: TARALTEC® REACTOR
The Taraltec® Reactor for water disinfection kills microbes in water from bore well hand-pump and motorized water lines thus eliminating water borne diseases such as diarrhoea, cholera and typhoid.
The Taraltec® Reactor is ideal for all under-served remote areas as it has:
- NIL opex, low capex.
- Does not require any maintenance, or any consumables.
- Does not need any fuel or electricity.
- No need for specialised personnel for installation or fitting.
- Needs no behavioural change in its usage.
The Taraltec® Reactor can be easily retrofitted into a hand pump – such as the India mark 2 model (the most widely used hand pump in the world), or even into any motorized bore well within an hour by even a local plumber with no special tools, by just sliding the reactor into the hand pump water tank or attaching inline of the discharge side of the motorized water pump.