Taraltec® Solutions is a startup company registered in 2017 under DIPP (Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion), Government of India. Our company has patents applied for our innovative Water Disinfection Reactors.
The Taraltec® Reactor harnesses fluid dynamics and kills microbes in water from bore well hand pump – eliminating water borne diseases such as diarrhoea, cholera & typhoid.
The Taraltec® Reactors are already fitted by our CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) partners in over 100 villages of multiple districts, in India. Apart from our own lab reports, the government lab reports as sent in by CSR partners also endorse the results of significant and substantial microbe kill.
In rural areas: The red ‘dot’ mark on a bore well, added by the authorities, indicates that the water from the bore well has been tested and found to be contaminated and hence condemned.
Often, this is due to improper sanitation and faecal matter penetrating into the underground aquifers.
The Taraltec® Reactors can take care of this, to above 99% microbe kill.
SAVING ENERGY SAVING LIVES
Access to safe water is a global issue.
By 2025, over 1.4 billion people in 36 countries will get water that has disease-causing microbes and pathogens in it.
Currently, 663 million people lack access to safe water, according to the WHO and UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme Report of 2015.
In India, it has been estimated that by 2050, 45% of the population would be short of ‘safe’ water.
In the under-served rural area with its 6,50,000 villages, 85% of the water is sourced from ground water aquifers grossly contaminated with pollutants.
- Nearly 38 million people are affected annually by water borne diseases.
- 1.5 million children die of diarrhoea every year. Cholera and typhoid too cause widespread casualty.
- 73 million working days are lost to water borne diseases each year.
- ₹ 4000 Crore ($ 600 Million) is the estimated economic burden per year.
CONVENTIONAL METHODS OF ‘CLEANING’ WATER …
- Boiling of Water
- Filtering (recurring cost of changing filters at regular intervals)
- Adding of chemicals (Chlorine etc.)
- RO –Reverse Osmosis
- UV –Ultra Violet
… ARE NOT ENOUGH. THERE ARE DRAWBACKS IN EACH:
- Recurring Operating Costs & Consumables, with significant carbon footprint (15 grams of CO2 emissions for every litre of water boiled)
- Need intense monitoring and regular management
- In RO, huge wastage of water
- Imprecise chemical dosage has carcinogenic implications
THE SOLUTION: TARALTEC® REACTOR
The Taraltec® Reactor for water disinfection kills microbes in water from bore well hand-pumps thus eliminating water borne diseases such as diarrhoea, cholera and typhoid.
- NIL opex, low capex.
- Does not require any maintenance, or any consumables.
- Does not need any fuel or electricity.
- No need for specialised personnel for installation or fitting.
- Needs no behavioural change in its usage.
The Taraltec® Reactor can be easily retrofitted into a hand pump – such as the India mark 2 model (the most widely used hand pump in the world), within an hour by even a local plumber with no special tools, by just sliding the reactor into the hand pump.
Availability of safe microbe killed water is a critical problem across the world. The Taraltec® reactor is a groundbreaking device, which, when fitted to bore well hand-pumps, kills 99% microbes in water. This is also an eco friendly device, which needs to be fitted only once, requires zero maintenance and does not require any electricity to run it.
The Taraltec® logo has been designed to encapsulate the main essence of this eco friendly device. The chevrons in the design depict ground water in different hues. The grey at the bottom suggests contaminated water and gradually moves up to the blue chevron to suggest clean water. The green in the middle line highlights that this product is eco friendly. The name of the company comes above the chevron symbol to show that the product is fitted above ground, whilst the water is below.